Why not a blog




My english is not very good but I'll try to translate there some posts of my french blog "voyage en point de croix". I love cross stitch... especialy those from Ukraine... why ??? I don't know realy...maybe because my Grand-parents came from Poland (close to UA border) and my name sounds from these countries.... is that : the call of my ancestrors ?The first post concerns the admiration I have from a young UA designer : Halina, since a long time.I made a chart of one of her picture. I called it "Halina's day" (all the works she has to do).I would have liked to meet her, I made searches where she lived. A young Ukrainian man searches for me... but neither in the flat she had, nor in the museum where she exposed : nobody knows where she is now (they remember her… that’s all !)...I'm very sad, I would have liked to show her what she could do more to diffuse her art.if one day someone who knows Halina reads my web site , please translate to her.Anyway, if not, I hope you appreciate that "travel in UA".

Будни Галины - Halina's Days - Les Journées d'Halina


An embroiderer, Marina, left me a message on a Russian forum. I quote:

"Будни Галины" очень понравились. Типично русская женщина. Как говорят в России: "Я и лошадь, я и бык, я и баба и мужик". Мне тоже нравится вышивать силуэты. "

Translation :

" Halina's days " pleased a lot: The typically Russian woman. As we say in Russia: " I and the horse, me and the ox, me the farmer and the mujik ".



Моя первая запись обусловленна моим давним восхищением работами одного молодого украинского дизайнера - Галины. По одной из ее картин я сделала схему для вышивания. Я назвала ее 'Будни Галины'. Я была бы счастлива повстречаться с ней, я пыталась и пытаюсь найти где она живет. В моих поисках мне помогает один молодой человек с Украины. Но, к сожалению, ни в ее прежней квартире, ни в музее, где она выставлялась, не знают, где можно ее найти. Они помнят ее - и это все. Грустно, я бы хотела показать ей несколько способов к более широкому распространению ее искусства. Если когда-нибудь эти мои слова и мой сайт прочтет кто-то, знающий Галину, пожалуйста, переведите ей.Я извиняюсь за то, что не могу распространить схему, сделанную по чужому изображению, не имея разрешения на такое распространение. Я надеюсь на ваше понимание. Я по-прежнему надеюсь найти Галину. Например, в октябре в Бельгии состоится выставка вышивки из Львова, а это ее родной город. Еще одна надежда на встречу.

4 comments:

Pikaboo said...

I love this design, it reminds me of scherenschnitte.

elsy said...

i love this ....perhaps you could produce it as a pattern...your stitching is wonderful

GlassesShop said...

All the love for this post.

Unknown said...

If you're looking to lose fat then you have to try this brand new custom keto meal plan.

To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness trainers, and cooks united to develop keto meal plans that are effective, suitable, money-efficient, and fun.

Since their launch in early 2019, thousands of individuals have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a certified keto meal plan can offer.

Speaking of benefits; in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-certified ones given by the keto meal plan.